The Uncovered Past Institute is an Australia-based not-for-profit organisation that conducts archaeological excavations on historic sites with public participation.
The Institute was founded in 2016 to increase public interest in Australia's rich and diverse past through archaeological and historical research, by:
- Undertaking archaeological excavations and surveys, and related historical research.
- Encouraging public participation in archaeological work.
- Developing public education programs to be conducted in tandem with archaeology and cultural heritage projects.
- Working with local communities and heritage interest groups.
- Supporting ongoing archival storage, analysis and display of archaeological finds.
- Conducting interpretative research into archaeological finds and related material culture.
- Encouraging awareness and preservation of cultural heritage sites.
- Producing publications, displays, exhibitions, signage, websites and apps.